Daily GK Update: 10th September 2020
“PM Narendra Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi digitally launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) and e-Gopala App on September 10, 2020 for farmers in Bihar.
- The Prime Minister also launched several initiatives for the fisheries and animal husbandry sectors in Bihar.
- The e-Gopala App is a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal, which will be launched for direct use of farmers. Several other initiatives in the fisheries and animal husbandry sectors in Bihar will also be launched by the Prime Minister on the occasion.
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) aims to focus on the focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country.
Source: Jagran Josh
“India, France, Australia hold trilateral dialogue to enhance cooperation in Indo- Pacific region”.
- The Foreign Secretaries of Australia, India, and France co-chaired a first trilateral dialogue on September 9, 2020.
- The dialogue was held with an aim to synergizing their respective strengths to ensure a secure, peaceful, prosperous, and rules-based Indo-Pacific region.
- The focus of the trilateral dialogue between India, France, and Australia was on enhancing the cooperation in the Indo-Pacific Region.
- The three sides discussed the economic and geostrategic challenges and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the domestic responses to the virus.
Source: Jagran Josh
“Nirmala Sitharaman launches PSU banks doorstep services”.
- Union finance and corporate affairs minister Nirmala Sitharaman had launched the doorstep banking service of state-run banks, which is expected to benefit a large number of customers of these entities, including senior citizens and person with disabilities.
- Doorstep banking services is aimed at providing convenience of banking services to the customers through the universal touch points of a call centre, web portal or mobile app. Customers can also track their service request from these channels.
- At present only non-financial services such as picking up of cheques, demand draft, pay order are available to customers. Financial services shall be made available through October.
Source: The Times of India
“Shikshak Parv 2020: Education Ministry to organise conclave on Schooling”.
- The Ministry of Education will organise a two-day conclave on School Education in the 21st Century.
- The two-day conclave, as part of Shikshak Parv, will be held online on September 10 and September 11.
- Shikshak Parv will be celebrated between September 8 and September 25 to felicitate the teachers and to take the new National Education Policy 2020 forward.
- In the two days of the conclave discussions by expert practitioners of the field will be held to “demystify some of the important themes of NEP” for school education.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the conclave on September 11, 2020. Earlier Prime Minister Narendra Modi also delivered the inaugural address at the ‘Conclave on Transformational Reforms in Higher Education under National Education Policy’.
Source: NDTV news
“Child Mortality Rate declined in India between 1990 and 2019: UNICEF report”.
- According to the new UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) report, the Child Mortality Rate in India has declined substantially between 1990 and 2019.
- As per the UN released ‘The Levels & Trends in Child Mortality’ Report 2020 the number of global under-five deaths dropped to its lower point on record in 2019 down to 5.2 million from 12.5 million in 1990.
- As per the new mortality estimates that have been released by UNICEF, the population division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Bank, the under-five mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India has seen a decline to 34 in 2019 from 126 in 1990.
- India has registered a 4.5% annual rate of reduction in under-five mortality between 1990-2019. The number of under-five deaths in India has dropped from 3.4 million in 1990 to 8,24,000 in 2019.
- The infant mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India has declined from 89 in 1990 to 28 in 2019, with the nation registering 6,79,000 infant deaths in 2019. It is a significant decline from 2.4 million infant deaths in 1990.
Source: Jagran Josh
“Andhra Pradesh government launches YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme”.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy launched YSR Sampoorna Poshana scheme and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme.
- The schemes aim to provide nutritious food to lactating mothers and pregnant women.
- The scheme will bring down malnutrition in vulnerable section. Around 30.16 lakh children and mothers are to be benefitted through the schemes.
- The State Government is to spend Rs 1,863 crores per annum towards the scheme. The scheme involves Rs 1,100 expenditure per beneficiary every month.
Source: GK today
“SBI planning to launch loan product ‘SAFAL’ for organic cotton growers”.
- State Bank of India NSE 1.69 % is planning to launch a loan product, SAFAL, primarily focussed on organic cotton growers who don’t have any credit history.
- The bank is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in a big way for generating business, SBI managing director C S Setty said speaking at a Fintech conference organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
Source: The Economic Times
“Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launches online admission platform for UG courses”.
- In wake of the current Covid-19 pandemic, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched an online registration portal for admissions in undergraduate (UG) programmes in government, aided and self-financed colleges for the new academic session 2020-21.
- The platform has been launched so that students can complete their entire admission process from home.
- Khattar has launched an educational WhatsApp chatbot ”Apka Mitra” to resolve any admission-related queries.
- Students are required to send a message on WhatsApp chatbot number 7419444449 to get any information regarding admissions, scholarships etc.
Source: India Today
“Santosh Kumar Gangwar chairs 227th Meetinf og Central board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund”.
- Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar today chaired the 227th Meeting of the Central Board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund.
- The Central Board accorded approval for an amendment to Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 to enhance the maximum assurance benefit to 7 lakh rupees from the present maximum assurance benefit of 6 lakh rupees.
- On the occasion, Mr Gangwar launched virtual hearing facility in quasi-judicial cases under Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 through Video conferencing by use of secure IT applications compatible with Desktop, Laptop and Mobile Phones.
- The aim of integration of virtual hearing utilities with EPFO’s e-Court process on Compliance e-Proceedings Portal https://eproceedings.epfindia.gov.in is to eliminate physical presence of parties in hearings before Adjudicating Officer leading to ease and convenience for employers and employees to appear in hearings from remote location of their choice.
Source: Ind News
“First Kisan Rail from South India sets off from Anantapur with fruits and vegetables to Delhi”.
- The first-ever ‘Kisan Rail’ of South India chugged off from Anantapur Railway Station carrying 322 tonnes of fruits and vegetables to Adarsh Nagar in Delhi after it was virtually flagged off by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar and Minister of State for Railways Suresh Chanabasappa Angadi.
- This is a step towards doubling the income of farmers by 2022 and fulfillment of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s promise made in the Union Budget, said Mr. Tomar, and announced that ‘Kisan Udaan’ sending horticulture and agriculture produce by flights would soon begin from the North Eastern States.
- The first ‘Kisan Rail’ train was run from Deolali in Maharashtra to Danapur in Bihar.
Source: The Hindu