Daily GK Update: 10th April 2020
Delhi Govt Launches ‘Operation SHIELD’ in 21 Containment Areas to Curb COVID-19 Spread
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday announced ‘Operation SHIELD’ in 21 containment zones to curb the spread of COVID-19 and warned of strict action against those misbehaving with healthcare personnel in the city.
- The chief minister appealed to people living in containment areas to cooperate in implementing ‘Operation SHIELD’ and said these are strict measures but are necessary to protect them and others from COVID-19.
- Elaborating the operation during an online briefing, Kejriwal said under the first ‘S’ of the operation, the government seals the area immediately and its surroundings after geographical marking following positive cases there.
Source: News 18
J&K: JeM Terrorist Arrested Near International Border in Chakroi
- An alleged hardcore overground worker (OGW) of Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist outfit was arrested from a village near the International Border here, a police official said on Saturday.
- Mohammad Muzaffar Beigh (24), a resident of the Handwara area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, was arrested during a late night raid on a house in Chakroi village, he said.
The official said the house owner was also taken into custody for questioning.
- Some incriminating documents were recovered from the arrested OGW, whose questioning revealed his links with JeM terrorists, he said,
- The man is a “hardcore” overground worker and some more arrests are expected at his disclosure, the official said.
Source: News 18